Charles Schwartz & Son, Washington DC’s oldest jeweler, has been in business since 1888. 100 years later the Pastor family purchased the business from the Schwartz family and carried on a name that is arguably the most recognizable and prestigious in the region. Ownership took great pride in safe-guarding its coveted reputation and brand name, but with a drop in business from both stores and a shift in the type of merchandise sold, there was a need to reduce aged and unwanted inventory. President Paul Pastor called on
The Gordon Company to full his objective of eliminating the vast majority of under-performing merchandise and convert it to cash.