Max Lasker opened his jewelry store in Eau Claire, WI in 1928, and it was taken over by his son, Charles, in 1963 when Max passed away. The family also owned a second successful store in Rochester, MN. Charles’ two daughters, Nicole and Liz, sought to honor their father with a retirement sale event at the Eau Claire store. Unfortunately, just prior to the sale beginning, Charles Lasker passed away. But Nicole and Liz pressed on, knowing that their father would be proud to see their customers and the community at large served with a major sale event. And in addition to honoring their dad, they also sought to dispose of hundreds of thousands of dollars of aged and under- performing inventory.